Tuesday 29 November 2011

Reporting and Planning

I think I've managed to impress the others, they have been slowly coming round to my point of view anyway - but perhaps they were enjoying the rest they were getting while sitting in this inn.  I sat there while they gave Mullory and Elenhugh a bit of a ribbing for his plan of sitting and waiting.

I relayed all I'd learned about the two farms, and I suggested that we go there.  The only objection I had was that, with one being a couple of hours out of town that we couldn't do them both this afternoon.  I agreed with that - there seems little sense going out there and then having to make a camp, or try and sleep in someone's barn.  We want to check them both out if possible and in the shortest time.  We might find they're both occupied, and we don't want one raising the alarm at the other.

So we decided that we'll head out there tomorrow morning, and we'll drop into the closer farm first.  The only worry about our plan is that my investigation this morning could have let them know we've been looking for them.  This doesn't really worry me - the worst they could do is try to attack us here at night.  That isn't gong to take us by surprise, we've been prepared for days.  If they run off, leaving town then we'll have utterly won.  They probably won't be back.

I hope tomorrow we can finally flush out the Evans boys.  I do not believe Wilson is with them, I think he's scurried off elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment