Saturday 12 November 2011

Back In Kazaral

We arrived in wonderful Kazaral this evening.  It's quite a busy place, and has a quality of architecture that I find most pleasing to my Dzarraf spirit.  Vamm Harik offered us lodgings in the civic building, but we couldn't accept.  I want us to press on for an extra hour to reach Zanna for the night; I want to introduce my Hznamen friends to the hospitality of Porzakk's tavern.  I'm not sure what they'll make of the wonderful Badger he served last time I was there.  Perhaps they'll be willing to try it if I don't tell them what it is.


I met with Geshr Bekzham when we arrived at the civic building with Harik and the troop contingent.  We had a brief chat - and he was very complimentary about our achievements.  Bekzham was most interested in my new friends - and seemed enthusiastic about a break for me following my trauma.  He was keen for me to be rested and focussed when I finally return to work.  He said that the year-and-a-day rule applied, but in his eyes there will always be a place working for him, I'd been so effective over the years.  I felt proud to have achieved such recognition from someone I've looked up to for so long.

He and Harik will be in the city for at least the next day, which is good as I really want to bid then farewells when there is enough time - things are a little rushed this evening.  Their next destination will be westward to Harik City, whereas when we set off it will be to the south-west down the Long Eddon highway.  We will be in and around Kazaral tomorrow as I have some important shopping to do. I really hope I can purchase good quality chain mail without having to wait for it to be made.


I've organised transport for this last step of tonight's journey.  We will ride out to Porzakk's in a large cart I've hired to take us there.  As we loaded the cart, Barr had one last surprise for us.  There were six bottles of cider left that he'd been keeping hidden on one of the supply wagons that had journeyed with the troops.  He stowed them carefully; he seemed pleased with himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment