Saturday 1 October 2011

Leaving the Comfort of Sanvell


I've been in the lands of the Gnaeblin for over a week now, and we were still in Sanvell until earlier today.  As we prepared to leave the small city I was told that Gallanarre would be journeying with us.  He had been instructed to improve his understanding of military defences, learning as much as possible from my leadership.  I discussed the matter at length with both he and Llayn who visited me in the inn last night where we also shared a meal and some beer.  We talked about both the instructions he'd received and some general defensive strategies.  Gallanarre isn't so green about military defence as he might have portrayed when I first met him, but Llayn was desperately inexperienced – and he's supposed to be one of Banneghenn's personal guards.

It was mid-morning when we left, and soon the city was far behind us.  Travelling with Gallanarre and me are two Gnaeblin guards.  They don't seem particularly talkative, and they are probably peeved because they've been reassigned from the Gnaeblin attack units to guard us.  I doubt much will happen to us in the first few days of this trip, but they're likely to become more useful the further out from here that we go.

Our supplies are being pulled along in a small cart.  The Gnaeblin have provided a small pony to pull this, not a mule.  It's a plain looking animal, but seems very obedient.  It doesn't smell quite so bad either.  That's a big improvement over a mule.

No comments:

Post a Comment