Saturday 29 October 2011

Another Disturbed Night

Mullory woke us as the night was drawing to an end.  He seems to spend some of his time on watch in prayer, and his small shrine was still set up.  He'd heard some noises off in the woodland, and had woken Kenner to keep watch while he went to take a look.  He was only gone a few minutes when he came back reporting Gurgam out in the woods.  It was then that they woke us all.

We prepared our weapons but the threat receded as the disgusting creatures moved on.  I have no problem fighting them, but it's better to do it in the daylight and with everyone fully awake.

There was no great call from the others to go and hunt them down in the dark, either.  After about half an hour everyone was encouraged to try and get some more sleep.  I dozed waking often with the image of a gaoler beating me with a wooden club.  The dreams were so vivid that I could almost feel the bruises after I woke up.

Like me, the others were restless, and the morning fire was lit early.  We enjoyed bacon and mushrooms for breakfast, and we still have plenty of raw pig to cook for this evenings meal.

As breakfast was early, we broke camp early.  The others see this as a good thing.  The next camp site we're headed to is the first one I ended up at when I fled, and I'm not sure I can find my way back to the Gurgam lair from there - I ran blindly when I escaped.  Barr is an experienced tracker though, and Elenhugh thinks we'll have little problem finding the way between us.  I do not think it is all that far from here, though - I didn't travel a great distance on my first full day of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment