Sunday 4 September 2011

Where has my assistant gone?


Normally it's not that busy round here, but Mishrune has been away for five days leaving me to do everything else.  He is off looking at the collapse of Bizham's number seventeen shaft, but that's only a day and a half to the east of Enzknn where our office is and it should have been a formality - a simple broken beam from what we'd heard.  Nobody had been hurt, they'd only reported that the face was out of action.  I shouldn't be all that surprised really – we've had delays before with Geshr Bizham, he does like to muck us about.  I don't know how he became Geshr at all.  I really hope Mishrune gets back soon.

We just received a message, and it looks like we'll be starting another journey tomorrow.  Geshr Bekzham and his cousin Vamn Harik are in the middle of opening a new tunnel, they think they've been able to smell a new seam.  We have to consult with the engineers and stewards about their plans.  It sounds simple enough, I'll go on my own and probably wont be away for longer than a week or so.

I like Harik, but he's always been very keen to press on with his mining without thinking things through.  I hope I can keep a lid on his enthusiasm this time.  It's quite a hike to Kazaral towards the north borders of Gora where he's based.  I've got a mule and a cart turning up tomorrow morning, Mishrune had better be back in time so I can review his report before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment